Thursday, 15 January 2009

West Ham United: Daily News Report (2)

West Ham United have rejected two new bids for Craig Bellamy, with Tottenham Hotspur offering Darren Bent in a straight swap deal for the striker on Tuesday evening and then Manchester City upping their offer for the Wales international to £9.5m yesterday afternoon...

However West Ham are adamant that Bellamy is not for sale having already rebuffed three other offers for the 29-year-old. They rejected a bid of £6m from Spurs on Christmas Eve and then had two offers from City which they turned down. The first was a £15m bid, which also included City buying Scott Parker, and the second, which was also immediately rejected, came on Monday morning when City offered £8.5m for Bellamy, plus another £1m if he scored 25 goals in a season or the club won the Champions League. They have since offered £9.5m cash.

City are now set to move on to other targets, with Roque Santa Cruz remaining their number one choice ahead of Bellamy, although they would have liked to buy both players. The Paraguayan is expected to move to Eastlands for £20m from Blackburn Rovers before the end of the month. If West Ham were to receive an offer of £15m for Bellamy they have promised that they will then put it to manager Gianfranco Zola who, ultimately, will decide which players are bought and sold at the club.

West Ham are determined to hold on to their best players and have also rejected overtures to sign Valon Behrami – who was wanted by Roma – and Matthew Upson who has attracted inquiries from several Premier League side, most noticeably his former club Arsenal, Aston Villa and Newcastle United, although no formal bid has been received because all suitors were told the central defender is not for sale.
(The Independent)

Interview with Julien Faubert: "Zola has said he relies on me, but I don't see any opportunities coming... I didn't play against Newcastle and I don't know what he is up to. Right now my agent is discussing with clubs. Playing for a club such as Lyon is my priority to re-launch my international career. But the problem is that my selling price is very high." (Nigel Brown, Sport)

"Sheffield United chairman Kevin McCabe's intriguing silence on the latest twist to the Tevez affair was yesterday followed by the sale of top-scorer James Beattie for less money than the Yorkshire club paid for him seventeen months ago. This afternoon they released a statement confirming that the decision to sell Beattie to Stoke was made because of a need to cut costs, which doesn’t sound like the actions a club confident of landing £30-50 million in compensation would make." The Spoiler

West Ham have rejected a third bid from Manchester City for striker Craig Bellamy... On Monday West Ham turned down an improved £9m offer for the 29-year-old Welshman with the new bid again higher. City are keen to bring both Bellamy and team-mate Scott Parker to Eastlands but have so far failed to land either. (BBC Sport)

Herita Ilunga, the 26-year-old Congo international is currently on a season-long loan at Upton Park from French club Toulouse. At the end of the campaign, West Ham hope to make the switch permanent in a £3 million deal. However, Rafael Benitez has been impressed with how Ilunga has adapted to the pace and physicality of the Premier League. So much so that the Spaniard is reportedly ready to enquire over the terms of Ilung's contract and the possibility of signing him. (Daily Telegraph)

Luis Boa Morte

Luis Boa Morte's proposed £1m move from West Ham to Hull City has fallen through after the forward failed to agree personal terms. (Daily Express )

No comments:

Post a comment